Wednesday, January 3, 2007

School

Today was Noah's first day back to school. I work up early to prepare his lunch and breakfast for us. With all the noise in the kitchen, Noah sleepily stumbled out, rubbing his eyes. It was still a little dark out. He wanted to know what I was doing up so early, then smiled when he realized it was just the two of us, Bella was still sleeping. After snuggling by the heater, a disappointed look covers his face as he realizes today is a school day. Once at school, he refuses to get out of the car, holds on to his carseat, and announces he is 'never taking off the seat cuffs' (aka hand cuffs). On the way home, I learn of a fatal shooting at a local high school about 20-30 minutes away. HMMMM Homeschooling sounds more appealing by the day.

2 comments:

Marci said...

It scary. I always told Brandi just make sure you are nice the people that are made fun of. Don't make fun of them just because everyone else does. We can only hope it doesn't happen to our kids. :(

Rachel said...

I can imagine homeschooling would be quite a leap if you weren't raised at home, but with the right support, I know you can do it if you and Jamie feel that's best for your family! There are lots of books and websites available and probably a support group in your area...I encourage you to do a little exploring!