Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Blame Game

Okay, so how many of you play the 'Blame Game' with your spouse?
Here is our latest episode:

Noah is dressed, and finally so am I. Isabella is fed and in her carseat, ready to go.
I can't find my keys anywhere, so I call Jaime at work.

"Honey, where are the keys?"-me
"I don't know, I gave them back to you"-J
"Well, I've looked everywhere, and I can't find them, they aren't where I usually put them"-me
"I gave them back to you... remember?"-J

I hang up, look some more. Still can't find them, and now Isabella is screaming. We wanted to go to the library. I call Jaime again.

"Are you SURE you gave them to me? Remember YOU had them last!!"-me
"I gave them back to you."-J

click, I hang up.... look some more. Isabella is getting louder, Noah is getting impatient, and so am I. I still can't find the keys, and my blood is boiling. I decide to call Jaime a third time.

"You had the keys last! I remember, you gave me the spare, not the regular house keys!"-me
"I did??? OHHH check my jacket pocket in the closet"-J (very calmly I might add)

No keys. I yell at him, and hang up again. Then I had a great idea... why don't I check my purse again??? Part of me didn't want to, because I had just yelled at Jaime and convinced him he had the keys last... but I finally caved in and looked through my purse. Guess what? There they were, just sitting in my purse waiting to go to the library. HAAA

Needless to say, I felt awful, called Jaime back to apologize, and we had a really good laugh about it. Lucky for me he is very even tempered, forgiving, and has a sense of humor!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Lucky, we're married to two of the best men in the world! Ash is also very even tempered and forgiving. Oh yeah, the key thing, I've gone through many of those episodes even ones where I don't end up finding the keys til the next day. How frustrating when the kids get impatient-reminding us how impatient we are, but 5 times more in my case :o)