Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fragrant


As I walk along the side of our house, entering our backyard, there is a smallish bush/tree with branches sticking out, nearly poking me as I walk by. Lilac. It is so fragrant! I swear I can smell it 15 feet away, before I can even see it. Over the past 3 springs (that's how long we've lived here) it has changed so much. Our first spring... nothing. We thought it was just another part of our overgrown, unkept property. The second spring, it had one blossom, I clipped it and brought it inside to display on our table. It smelled so wonderful in our house. My neighbor was kind enough to bring me several more blossoms. This year, our third spring, we have more blossoms than ever! I love the smell a slight breeze carriers into our kitchen, granted the weather is warm enough to have the windows open. Ahhh... spring!

2 comments:

Fatima said...

I miss lilac! One of my favorites. I haven't found any here yet.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!!

From Hamakua Springs Country Farms in Pepeeko on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Aloha

Richard