Friday, July 6, 2007

Spider Boy

MOM!!! MOM!!!!!!MOOOMMMM!! Come quick, we need your help!

Noah's eyes were alive with excitement, this could only mean one of two things
  • he found a salamander
  • he found a big spider

He led me to an old hollow cement cylinder that we found buried in our yard. He instructed me to look inside. I was nervous... is something going to jump out at me? Bite me? Scare me to death? Deep breath, I can handle this... after all, whatever it is, is much smaller than me, RIGHT??? Right. So I peek inside, and I see a spider. Not huge, but big enough to give me the heeby jeebies.

We need your help Mom! Great, why me??? So I help, trembling all along, ready to flee at any sign of a charging spider. She(yes I think she was a female) was a gentle one. Slowly climbed out of the cylinder, and allowed Noah to pick her up. Whew! Later in the evening, Noah was still playing this spider. I was worried he might smash her... She was crawling all over Noah's arms...I silently hoped she wouldn't bite Noah. She didn't, and we set her free at the end of the day. All ended Well...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh boy! You have a brave child in your hands :o) I bet Jaime loved Noahs pet friend!! LOL

Marci said...

OH MY GOSH!! Did Jaime faint?! I would have, very brave you and Noah!

SoundHunter said...

Wow, you are so amazingly trusting, Emma's really into bugs and critters but my voiced fear of biting spiders has resulted in her being wary of them also, I think you're amazing for not doing that to you son.