Monday, April 9, 2007

Goofed

I messed up BAD! Totally goofed! Yesterday, Easter Sunday, we woke up early, ate breakfast, and got dressed to attend our local Community Easter Egg Hunt. Noah was so excited!

As we arrived at our destination, there was a big banner out front, inviting the community to join them for their annual Easter Egg Hunt on SATURDAY, APRIL 7TH, 10AM. Gulp. Jaime and I read the sign at the same time, pulled into an empty parking lot, and broke the news to Noah. We had missed it. Jaime begins laughing. I was speechless, my heart still in the pit of my stomach. Noah confused, thought it was all a joke. Once he realized it wasn't a joke, he asked Jaime, 'you think that is funny? I don't think it's very funny'.

OHHH, maybe next year I'll read a little more carefully.

3 comments:

Marci said...

AAAAAHHHHHH!
I have been there. I can just imagine his little face. So next year you will have to make it extra fun!

Crunchy Chicken said...

Sounds like something we'd do!

SoundHunter said...

Awwwww :( Poor little guy. Hopefully it's one of those character building disappointments ;)

I love watching you document your garden! Ours is so small, not worth documenting really, but I've been working on it. We live in a great region for gardening!

I've tagged you here:
http://wifemothermaniac.blogspot.com/2007/04/real-moms.html

:)