Friday, January 26, 2007

Fire!!!!

I have said it before, I'll say it again, I should not be allowed in the kitchen!

Today, after picking Noah up from school, I decided I am cold, I'd like to have another cup of tea. So I put on the hot water. Bella was fussing, so I sat down, got cozy with my favorite blanket and began nursing her. Sniff, Sniff... is something burning?? Shortly after the kettle starts to whistle, so I go to the kitchen, with Bella attached... and guess what I see??? Yep, FIRE!!!

My chowder from last night boiled over, guess that was what caught fire... and this is the second time this year that I've done this. Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to burn down my ICKY kitchen???

Check out my kettle!

2 comments:

Marci said...

oh Eva, I'm just glad you smelled it before it got big!!!! You belong in the kitchen you make good food! Me on the other hand, Joey would rather eat out, let him complain about their food, hahaha

Rachel said...

Oh no! I always forget that I have water on when I sit down to nurse Oliver, and then he's just falling asleep as it starts whistling and I have to get up. No fires yet though. I'm glad everything is okay, but sorry about your tea kettle! I guess you can just use a regular pan to boil water, but the tea kettle makes it more special, doesn't it?