Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What's for Dinner?

I ask myself this question daily... usually at about noon. Then I put it off until later... and again, I ask myself, 'What's for Dinner'? This goes on till about 4 or 5pm, then I start to panick, ransacking my cupboards for anything that is quick and easy. Just something to fill our bellies for the night.

Since Jaime stayed home from work today, I thought I'd leave it to him, (sneaky right????) NOT!!! Since I wasn't willing to eat spaghetti again, he came up with something really clever... SANDWICHES! (Yes, there is a hint of sarcasm there) So I thought we'd have soup and sandwiches.

What kind of soup should I make? I decided I would once again try to make Butternut Squash Soup. A friend brought it over for dinner a few weeks ago, after Isabella was born, and it was so delicious. I've never really been a fan of the squash family, but I thought this was so good. I made it for Thanksgiving, but it was too thick. I tried again tonight... but have decided maybe I don't like this soup so much after all. I need a certain someone to make it for me... because she made it just right!

Anyhow, here is a decent recipe for those of you who enjoy Butternut Squash.

Butternut Squash & Ginger Soup

Chop:

1 butternut squash
1 small onion
1 small potato
1 carrot

Saute chopped veggies in 2 tablespoons of butter for 5-10 minutes

Add broth or water, enough to cover veggies.

Cook for about 40 minutes or until everything is soft and cooked.

Puree in blender or food processor with a piece of fresh ginger (optional)

Salt and Pepper to taste.

No comments: