Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe I have let so much time go by!
The move to Hilo from Seattle was tiring, as moving usually goes, but we are now settled in and starting to feel a bit more at home. Yes, it took nearly half a year! There is too much to get caught up on, so I will just start with what is happening NOW. Otherwise I will continue to procrastinate and this blog will be a thing of the past.

Black Sand Beach

Bella is very much into decorating, and body art! Thankfully these are washable markers. Guess I should bring out the henna for tattooing that I've been saving for just the right time.


The new garden plot. Nothing has been planted yet, but hopefully I'll get it started soon. It is very exciting to 'start a new garden in a new place'. Wooo Hoooo, I hope things grow. This will be my third year gardening, but my first year gardening in Hawaii.

We have added to the family... baby chicks! We have 16 as of now, and are expecting another order of 12 very soon. Some we'll keep, others will go to a friend.


Noah in the garden with the Chicks. These are Buff Orpington. Out of the bunch, this breed seems to be the friendliest. Rhode Island Reds are not far behind. The least friendly??? The Araucana, which will hopefully give us beautiful greenish/blue tinted eggs. I'll talk more about the girls at a later date.
That's it for now, hope everyone is safe and healthy!

4 comments:

Fatima said...

Yay, I've been waiting for this!

Heather said...

aww! the love of blogging...how refreshing to see a new post and a nice change from facebook! i love your garden plot!

c said...

Yay! You're back!!

P~ said...

Aloha...Good to hear from you. The Garden bed looks awesome and chicks!! You finally got some!

I hope for nothing but the best for you all. I'll check back more often now that your back online, although I'm likely to get a bit of island envy. I moved here from O'ahu after being there for a year and I loved it.
P~