Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Mind

I think I'm losing it... REALLY losing it. Yesterday several things happened to make me believe this is true.
  • I went to the library with the kiddos, and when I got home my front door was slightly open. Did I forget to lock it?? Did someone break in? To be safe I asked a neighbor to check it out with me. No intruders, nothing missing, I must have just forgotten to close and lock the door. Scary! I also left the back door unlocked. I have never done this before.
  • We decided to go out for pizza to celebrate Jaime's vacation. On the way home, ( I was driving) I took my cutoff, then forgot which way to turn. The road forks, and I blanked out and really REALLY couldn't remember which way to go. I went the wrong way, of course. I have driven this same route hundreds of times in the past two years. Very weird.
  • After putting the little ones to bed, I ventured into the kitchen to keep Jaime company while he washed dishes. He gave me a strange look and asked me why I put my cell phone in the sink. It was under the dishes, and he nearly soaked it. I don't even remember putting it there. Phew, my lucky day that it didn't get washed. It is only about a month old after all.

Later that night, say midnight-ish, I decided to work on Bella's sweater that I am knitting. This is my first 'real' project. It has been slow going, very slow! I've worked so so hard. Somehow I dropped a stitch, or two or three. My mother showed me how to fix this while she was visiting, but every time I tried, it only got worse. No sweat... RIGHT? I'll just rip out several rows, then continue on. This didn't work either, I just can't seem to get my needle on the same row, without continually dropping more stitches... GRRR. I think I'll start over...again.

See??? OH the heartache. I should have just gone to bed, then all would be well.

2 comments:

Marci said...

go to the library and get a book called stitch and bitch and they will tell you had to fix it in english I can't get the knitting jargin down.

hehehehe

I hope tomorrow is better!!!

I hope we all get to go camping together I ask my brother (from oregon) to come to.

Heather said...

you may be losing your mind, but I'm impressed with your knitting!