Monday, November 26, 2007

Weekend Happenings

The weather was beautiful this weekend! The sun was out, the sky was blue... wait, is this normal for this time of year? We've had a sunny autumn. Cold, very cold, but at least it hasn't been raining.

There has been lots of outside play. Walks, bike rides, eating rocks & flowers and tantrums. Yes, the tantrums get very intense when it is time to pack it up and go home.


Noah and the wild one. Yes, she is actually laughing!
A bushel of apples from our local farmers market. They smell so great! I've been threatened, I had better use every last one of them or else!
New pants for Bella. These were so fun to put together! Too bad it is too cold out to wear them. The material came from my Freecycle scrap bag, except the flower trim. Time to scrape together some cash and head to the fabric store for some warm material.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Good job Eva! Looks like your well on your way to being a seamstress..
I love the apples, yummy! How much did they cost??

Eva said...

Thanks Heather! The apples cost $20 for 38lbs. They are organic and fresh, fresh, fresh!! Jaime nearly had a fit when I wanted to spend that much on apples. HAAA

Fatima said...

Fantastic pants, apples, and kids! The photo of N & B is laugh out loud cute and adorable. Your pants are awesome.

Heather said...

By the way, Eva what you planning on doing with all of the apples?? Apple pie, Apple sauce??

Eva said...

Heather- yes, I plan on making applesauce and pie filling. That way I can just put the filling in the freezer and make pie whenever. I also want to try apple butter, but I'm not so sure I'm up for it.

Do you have any other yummy ideas?
We have LOTS of apples! =)