Saturday, April 28, 2007

T(ea)


I do not like Coffee. I do not like it Hot or Cold. I do not like it with Cream or Sugar. I do not like Coffee. I won't drink Coffee. Not now, not ever. I do not like Coffee!! Yes, my mother thinks I may have been switched at birth.

Way back in January, right after the New Year, Jaime surprised me with my very own glass teapot! I had mentioned to him that grocery bought tea in the bag was great, but that I wanted to venture into loose tea. This glass teapot has an infuser. Now, the only thing missing??? Yep, the tea. Yes, my lovely teapot sat in it's box...for four long months, through the coldest weather of the year! Jaime has tried to drag me out to a local tea lounge on his delivery route for months, but the idea of dragging my hyper little spider man to a quaint, relaxing tea lounge, just didn't seem right, or like fun for that matter. Today, while Jaime was at work, he picked out three different teas for me and surprised me when he got home!
-Pu-erh Ginger
-Honeybush
-Chamomile (an old favorite)
So thoughtful! Of course as soon as we had the two rascals tucked in, I put on a pot of hot water. After gulping, I mean sipping two big mugs full, my entire body feels completely relaxed, and I swear I'm a bit light-headed. UMMM Maybe it's just exhaustion? No no no, it's the Tea, I'm sure of it! This tea was so good. The Pu-erh that is. Rich and smooth, without a bitter aftertaste. Can't wait to try the others!

4 comments:

Fatima said...

What a sweet sweet man! That's why we like him.
... and don't you worry, we'll get you into coffee someday

Anonymous said...

I do not like coffee either. But Tea -- I love tea. I have not seen that pot - it would be perfect for me. Thanks for letting me know.

Rachel said...

Weeeeee, Tea! I would love to try loose leaf tea...my friend just sent me a cup with an infuser that I'm itching to try. But until I can get to the "city" to find some loose leaf, it's Tazo in a bag for me!

Heather said...

I'm a tea kind of person too. In fact, I just started on loose tea. I just bought a mesh loose tea holder, whatever you call that. I go to the local health food store and by my tea by ounce. The latest is chamomile and in fact, I just had a cup and yes I am soooo relaxed...ah, nothing like tea after a loong day!