Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Passion

What's your passion?
HMMM, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up... oh wait a minute, guess I am sorta grown??? Right?

I'm reading this great book, 'Work with Passion-How to do what you love for a living' by Nancy Anderson. I'm only about 27 pgs in, but I'm hooked. Hope I have enough time to read the entire text. A paragraph in the introduction grabbed me with this:

"Begin your journey toward a more passionate life by eliminating the distractions from your life. Distractions include spending time with people who drain your energy, surfing the Internet, watching too much television, overspending, overeating, overworking, and oversocializing."

Some of these are obvious, like TV and the Internet. I too am guilty of squandering many hours, especially on the Internet. Others... like oversocializing, were not as obvious... to me at least. It goes on to say that it is important to have some alone time just for thinking and being. This I completely agree with. We don't have enough 'alone time' to just be ourselves and do absolutely nothing, a time to think. We are constantly overextended by family, friends, work and other obligations. Sometimes it is unavoidable, other times we need to learn to just say 'NO'. This is very difficult for me.

Anyhow, I hope you all will take more time to figuring out what your 'Passion' is. If you've already found it, Congratulations! I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great Post, got me thinking about, well what I'm passionate about. I'm still trying to narrow it down since I first read this.