Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another storm

After watching the news this past weekend, I learned we had yet another storm headed our way, due to hit last night... and it did. The weather was nice yesterday morning, so Bella and I headed out to the yard for some fresh air. I wanted to check on our leaning Locust Tree, which is leaning towards a little building on my neighbors lot. Luckily no one is living in it.

On Saturday another arborist came to give me an estimate. He quoted high. I asked why it is so expensive to take down a tree these days, and he stated the obvious. With the recent storms we've been having, and all the wind, they have more work than they can handle, and prices have skyrocketed! Great. He suggested I wait several weeks, and prices may drop. What if my tree falls???? He says Locust Trees are strong, and it may hold. My reply was that I don't want to take a chance... especially with all the crazy weather we've been having. After a little more chit chat, he mentions my neighbor is his guitar teacher. Who Vicky?? Yes Vicky. He goes on to say he will drop the price by $100 and will not charge tax, but I will still have to wait about 2 weeks. Deal!! This saves me about $150 all together.

This morning I checked on the tree again, it is still standing, even after the crazy wind from yesterday. I am counting my lucky stars!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eva,
So I guess you havn't done any diving lately! Sounds like you have your hands full. That's so neat that you have two children now. They are real dolls!

Heather sent me the web address and I starting looking around and pulled your page up. So cool!

Sounds like you are all well, happy and managing to stay warm. Tell your husband I said Hi!

Happy New Year!
Nani Rawlins
(Ahsley's mom)